Understanding Your Test Results
What does a positive Epi proColon blood test mean?
- A positive blood test means that altered Septin 9 DNA has been found in your blood sample.
- A positive test result indicates an increased chance that you may have colorectal cancer.
- You should discuss your test result with your doctor, who should order a colonoscopy to find out if you have colorectal cancer.
What does a negative Epi proColon blood test result mean?
- A negative blood test result means that altered Septin 9 DNA was not found in your blood sample.
- A negative test result indicates a decreased chance that you may have colorectal cancer.
- Some people with colorectal cancer may have negative test results.
- If you have a negative result, you should continue to get screened for colorectal cancer on a regular basis.