Understanding Your Test Results
What does a positive blood test mean?
- A positive test result indicates an increased chance that you may have colorectal cancer.
- You should discuss your test result with your healthcare provider. Your healthcare provider should order a colonoscopy to find out if you have colorectal cancer.
What does a Negative Epi proColon® blood test result mean?
- A negative test result indicates a decreased chance that you may have colorectal cancer.
- Some people with colorectal cancer may have negative test results. Studies show that altered Septin 9 DNA is not found in the blood of every person with colorectal cancer.
- Even if you have a negative result, you should continue to get screened for colorectal cancer on a regular basis. Talk with your healthcare provider about your personal health history.