Understanding Test Results
Positive Epi proColon Results
- A positive blood test means that altered Septin 9 DNA has been found in your patient’s blood sample.
- A positive test result indicates an increased chance that your patient may have colorectal cancer.
- You should discuss the test result with your patient, and order a colonoscopy to find out if your patient has colorectal cancer.
Negative Epi proColon Results
- A negative blood test result means that altered Septin 9 DNA was not found in your patient’s blood sample.
- A negative test result indicates a decreased chance that your patient may have colorectal cancer.
- Some people with colorectal cancer may have negative test results.
- If your patient has a negative result, they should continue to get screened for colorectal cancer on a regular basis.